Palms Fish Camp Live Feed
The Palms Fish Camp has been a fixture on Heckscher Drive since the 1950’s starting out as a bait and tackle store with a boat ramp and eventually became a restaurant and bar. The restaurant continued to operate until 2002 when the City of Jacksonville purchased the 2 acres. The original building was removed due to its condition. A new restaurant was built which is now home to the Palms Fish Camp Restaurant. The City purchased the property adjacent to the original site for additional trailer parking in 2007. The Palms Fish Camp Restaurant was re-opened in the new building on July 1, 2017. The restaurant is operated and managed by local residents whom have a lease with the City. The Palms specializes in fresh local wild caught fish and shrimp straight from the local fishermen’s boats. A large deck overlooks the boat ramp, Clapboard Creek and the Timucuan Preserve. The City expanded the floating docks in December 2019 to accommodate increased visitation. The single boat ramp and trailer parking accommodates boats under 25 feet in length. Public restrooms are available outside and to the rear of the restaurant. Live bait, tackle and ice are available 1 ½ miles west on Heckscher. Marine fuel and boat rentals are available directly across Clapboard Creek from the ramp.